Why is it important to nourish your eyelashes? Ever given a thought to it!
A more common question about eyelashes maybe something like, What’s the purpose of having these eyelashes! Most people think that the only function they do is to beautify our eyes.
Eyelashes carry a significant role in our bodies. They may not be classified as vital organs like the heart or liver, but you may consider them as lookouts who protect the fort from external attack.
You must know how to nourish your eyelashes since they protect your eyes and thereby protect one of the five vital senses of the human body, which is eyesight. Even though very sensitive and fragile, they protect the eyes from dust, dirt, or other tiny particles from outside. Besides, eyelashes carry an artistic remark for beauty.
One way of growing catchy long eyelashes is to buy expensive cosmetic products like a mascara or even false eyelashes. But you can grow thick and beautiful eyelashes in easier and cheaper ways. So, before spending money on products, why don’t you try these easy techniques to grow thick eyelashes!
In this blog, we will share some effective measures for growing thick and beautiful eyelashes that you can treasure. So, stay put.
12 Must-Follows to Grow Thick and Beautiful Eyelashes
The regimen we’re going to share with you to nourish your eyelashes is very effective. Your goals are achievable within only 30 days! So, here are 12 ways by which you can nourish your eyelashes and grow them thick and beautiful.
1. Comb Your Eyelashes for Enough Blood Flow
It may sound insane to some people to comb your eyelashes, but this has been a very effective method for growing and improving eyelashes’ texture. It allows the blood to flow towards the eyelashes and, as a result, helps to stimulate the growth of them.
Besides, combing eyelashes enables them to grow longer. Even cleaning your eyelashes will remove the accumulating dust and debris on the strands.
You can comb your eyelashes using simple tools like an old washed mascara-brush and put a few drops of Vitamin E on the brush to increase the effect even more.
It’s useful to comb your eyelashes two times a day and start from the bottom or root of the eyelash and gently to the tip of the eyelash. Do this for at least 5 minutes each time you comb your eyelashes.
2. Apply Natural Oils on Eyelashes for Shimmering Texture
One of the reasons eyelashes don’t grow is a lack of nutrition. Natural oils like olive oil or castor oil will provide your eyelashes’ follicles with all the necessary nutrition necessary for faster growth.
These types of oils are rich in fatty acids, which eventually do the trick for eyelashes. They are also rich in antioxidants which play a vital role in having a fast growth of eyelashes.
- Step 1: Mix a few drops of olive oil, castor oil, or any other essential oil with 1 drop of rosemary, lavender, grapeseed, or tea tree oil.
- Step 2: Take a mascara-brush, dip into the mixture, and spread it onto your eyelashes. You may use your fingertips also for this procedure.
- Step 3: Leave it overnight.
- Step 4: Wash your oiled eyelashes in the morning, otherwise they’ll catch dirt if you go outside.
Do this trick daily to get your desired result.
3. Have A Healthy and Balanced Diet for Firm Eyelash Root
An integral part of the process is balancing the diet and meals you’re consuming. If you’re eating too much junk food, it will negatively impact your eye-lashes growth. An unhealthy diet may weaken the rest of the process we are discussing.
A lack of vitamins in the diet will lead to unhealthy eyelashes. Your eye-lashes will become brittle. It can be so vulnerable that they’ll start falling at the tiniest nudge.
Eat more protein to resolve this problem. Eggs, lean meat, cheese, milk, and fish may be the top priority on the list.
The suggestion may raise a few eyebrows that healthy fats are also essential for the growth of eyelashes. Well, it’s all about nourishing from within. Even the most outward part of your body like your eyelashes require nutrients.
Healthy fats include almonds, seeds, avocados, and also olive oil. Eating more leafy vegetables like cauliflower, broccoli, peas, tomatoes, and Brussel sprouts are good choices.
Besides, fruits like citrus fruits, guavas, blueberries, strawberries, etc. can provide the necessary vitamins your body and eyelashes crave.
4. Green Tea Ensures Bulk Antioxidant for Eyelash Growth
As mentioned earlier, the importance of antioxidants for the growth of eyelashes. Green tea contains a bulk of antioxidants. The antioxidants in green tea allow eyelash growth and help them become longer and thicker than before.
Drinking green tea is a cheaper therapy of skincare as it’s one of the main ingredients in most skincare and cosmetic products.
You can apply green tea topically on your eyelashes rather than only drinking it. Let’s check in the following how:
- Step 1: Make a cup of green tea, wait for 15 to 20 minutes to cool it down.
- Step 2: Use a cotton pad to soak it into the green tea.
- Step 3: Apply it to your eyelashes by keeping your eyelids shut.
- Step 4: Don’t wipe your eyelashes with any tissue or cloth, let them air-dry overnight as you sleep.
Tip: You may also use soaked tea bags to press onto your eyelashes instead of applying the liquid content.
Luckily, you don’t have to pour the rest of the green tea into the dustbin after using it the first time. You can refrigerate the tea and use it for the next three to four consecutive days. But make sure, you let the tea cool down to its normal temperature before applying.
5. Applying Aloe Vera Can Nourish Your Eyelashes
Mostly, when it comes to Aloe Vera, our minds instantly think about hair nourishment. But if it’s good for hair, why shouldn’t it be good for eyelashes too?
The process of applying aloe vera on eyelashes involves the following steps:
- Step 1: Take an aloe vera leaf and squeeze it until the paste-like content comes out. You can also use a spoon to peel off the juice.
- Step 2: Use your fingertips or a brush, whatever suits you, and scoop some paste with it.
- Step 3: Now, apply the content on your eyelashes and allow it to settle down.
- Step 4: Wash your eyelashes after 10 minutes. You’ll see instant glossy eyelashes.
The determined ones won’t stop with that procedure only if you want your lashes to grow quickly. There’s another way to use aloe vera for better eye-lashes!
The steps are:
- Step 1: You can take 1 tablespoon of aloe vera juice and mix it with 1 tablespoon of castor oil or olive oil.
- Step 2: Put this mixture on your old mascara brush using a dropper.
- Step 3: Now, apply the mixture on your lashes with the brush. Let it dry for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Step 4: Rinse the lashes with cold or warm water, whatever suits you best.
It’s best to repeat this procedure twice a day. Mostly, a woman may get her desired result within 15 days.
6. Use Petroleum Jelly When Essential Oil Isn’t Available
If it’s difficult to find the essential oils, petroleum jelly or Vaseline can be a very good alternative ingredient to nourish your eyelashes. It moisturizes the eyelashes, soothes the brittle texture, while turning the eyelashes thicker and longer.
If you’re conscious about your skin, this procedure will help you fix that too! It also moisturizes your eyelids along with the lashes allowing them to become supple and soft.
Firstly, in this simple procedure, take a suitable amount of petroleum jelly in your brush and gently brush the upper lashes. It’s a bit risky yet effective procedure. Be alert not to let any petroleum jelly enter the eyes. It may create an allergic reaction like red eyes!
After rubbing the jelly on the lashes, you can spread the leftovers on the eyelids. There is a preventive procedure for it. Remember, sensitive skin may experience an unwanted reaction due to this procedure.
First, to prevent it, rub a small amount of petroleum jelly on your hands and then check if there’s any redness on the skin. If you don’t notice any reaction, then it is safe for you to use.
After completing the upper lashes, repeat the procedure on the lower lashes and make it a habit every night before going to bed. It will allow the lashes to have enough moisture and preventing the lashes from breaking off prematurely.
7. Massage the Eyelashes
It’s one of the simplest yet effective techniques to allow the eyelashes to have a steady stimulation and the nutrition lacking in them.
The procedure goes as follows:
- Step 1: Wash your hands with soap.
- Step 2: Pour a few drops of coconut oil or olive oil on the palms. Wait for a little for the oil to settle and warm up.
- Step 3: Massage the eyelids and eyelashes for 3 to 5 minutes. Make sure not to put too much pressure on the eyelashes or eyelids.
Do it at least twice a week until you get your desired result.
8. Use an Egg Mask for Stronger and Longer Eyelashes
The white portion of the eggs is rich in protein, B-vitamins, and biotin. These elements help your hair and eyelashes grow stronger and prevent hair loss.
Let’s the egg mask procedure in the following:
- Step 1: Break a fresh egg and mix its white portion with one tablespoon of petroleum jelly or glycerin.
- Step 2: Either use a brush or a cotton swab to cover your eyelashes with this mixture. Make sure the mixture doesn’t get into your eyes.
- Step 3: Leave it for 20 minutes.
- Step 4: Wash your eyelashes with warm water.
Schedule a routine for this procedure. Repeat it for a couple of months, 2/3 times a week. It’s essential to mix the egg-white with petroleum jelly or glycerin; otherwise, there’s a slight chance of your eyelashes becoming brittle or loose.
9. It’s Essential to Cleanse Your Eyelashes
If you leave mascara on your eyelashes before going to bed, you can seriously harm them!
By any chance, if your eyelashes touch the pillow, they will break and fall. So, it’s necessary to remove makeup before you go to bed. To remove mascara, you can use makeup remover. You can also clean your eye-lashes with olive oil as it acts as a perfect cleanser.
10. Go for Makeup Breaks
It is essential to go for makeup breaks now and then. There’re some mascaras, especially those that are waterproof, which make the eyelashes dry and weak.
So, it will be wise to let your eyelashes rest from several layers of mascara once or twice a week. It’s recommended to replace your mascara with a new one every 3 to 6 months. It helps you to avoid eye infections. If you have infections, then your eye-lashes will get weak.
11. Stop Pulling Your Eyelashes
Be careful not to pull the eyelashes. It’s a habit you might be doing for a long time, while it happens involuntarily for some people, while some may find it ridiculous to hear.
You can also accidentally do it while curling them as eyelashes’ roots aren’t very strong, and a light nudge may cause it to be uprooted.
Curling eye-lashes is a slow and harmful process. The results aren’t visible instantly. You will notice a positive change after 2 or 3 weeks.
An average person loses 3 to 4 eyelashes a day, and if you can keep a count on that and see the fall of more eyelashes than that, then it is highly recommended to visit a doctor to check your thyroid gland.
12. Shea Butter Can Nourish Your Eyelashes Too
This is a procedure not known very widely around the globe. Shea butter provides an effective amount of Vitamin C, along with antioxidants and anti-inflammatory properties.
As mentioned in the earlier methods, you can’t deny Vitamin C’s importance for eyelash growth. It boosts collagen and also prevents any radical damage to the eye.
So, it may help to thicken the eyelashes and also trigger a steady growth of lashes.
The procedure involves the following steps:
- Step1: Take shea butter on your fingertips and let it melt into oily content.
- Step 2: Gently smear it on your eyelids and allow it to stay on the lashes overnight.
- Step 3: Wash your eyelashes in the morning with warm water and towel-dry them.
When you’re determined to nourish your eyelashes, you don’t need to follow all of these above techniques to turn them healthy and beautiful. Follow one or two of them, whichever seems more convenient to you.
Most of the instructions are easy to follow and manage. If one is not suiting you, then try another to get your desired result.
Facts checked by: A H M Ohidujjaman Using a setting spray as a toner is somewhat debatable, while mostly uncertain. Since these two items are applicable for entirely different purposes in...
Facts checked by: A H M Ohidujjaman Vintage makeup may not be a thing of this beauty age, but it’s surely an appealing chapter for many modern makeup enthusiasts as well as...