Can you go on painting your face without an appropriate lipstick on your lips? Imagine, you’ve walked into a party with every bit of adornment on your face, but others’ expressions tell you that something’s missing. You frown and bite your lips, and there you are! Your lips are nude, meaning you’ve missed your lipstick. Lipstick is a crucial part of your makeup, whether you be a layman, a professional or non-professional working woman, or a celebrity. The popular celebrity makeup artist, Sir John, said, “Lipstick is a form of self-care that raises your vibration and makes you feel good.”
I bet most women out there would agree with the above and that’s why you’re here to check this post. So, let’s dive into the following segments where we would share some recommended lipsticks along with a few essential things about lipstick.
Why Is Lipstick A Crucial Part of Makeup? “It adds that kind of luxury feel to the self,”
says Diane Kandel, the famous makeup artist in the fashion industry. It’s true, right? Young girls and older women are always experimenting with various lipstick shades on their lips because it makes them feel fuller than usual. As we’ve asked our volunteers about this, they responded that lipstick gives them a sense of glamor even if they aren’t wearing any glamorous attire or makeup. Here’re why lipstick is so crucial part of makeup:
- Since lips are paler and lighter than facial skin, a nice lipstick makes a woman’s lips stand out with or without makeup.
- Lipstick protects the lip skin from the harsh atmosphere and sun rays as it contains SPF (Sun Protection Factor).
- A proper lipstick can provide the moisture the lips require, making them smooth and supple.
- Applying lipstick crafts a pair of lips in a more defining tone.
- Last but not the least, lipstick gears up a woman’s feminine spirit, empowering them from within and in others’ perception.
Choosing the Perfect Lipstick Shades for Your Lips
Like any makeup foundation or primer, choosing the best lipstick shades depends on your skin tone or undertone. The simplest trick to identify your skin tone is to check your wrist veins.
- If they’re green, your skin undertone is warm.
- If they’re bluish or purplish, your skin undertone is cool.
- And if they’re bluish-green, then you have a neutral skin undertone.
Now, let’s check the below chart to apply the best lipstick shades to your lips:
|Warm Skin Undertone||Terracotta brown, bold oranges, dark red, etc. for regular shades.|
|Apply paler nudes if the skin is light, while a richer nude is applicable for darker skin.|
|Cool Skin Undertone||Bluish reds, blue or purple hues.|
|Pink or rosy nudes|
|Neutral Skin Undertone||Berry shades for darker skin, pink for fair skin, mauve for medium skin.|
|Light nudes, deep wine shades, etc.|
Apart from the above, we have gathered below a few more suggestions of lipsticks based on skin colors:
|Fair Skin||Bright Coral Colors/Shades, Nudes, Reds, or Apricot.|
|Dusky Skin||Caramel colors, brick reds, colors of berries, etc.|
|Wheatish Skin ||Almost any color. Besides, nudes and darker shades look stunning on such skin color.|
Our Selection: Best 3 Lipsticks
- Creamy and smooth touch
- Available in 12 new shades
- Luxurious satin finish
- Lightweight coverage
Why Apply NYX Makeup Butter Lipstick
- It’s a cruelty-free and animal-fat free product; a complete vegan lipstick for your beauty hacks.
- Made of castor seed oil, ensuring proper moisture for your lips.
- It gives your makeup a fragrant touch alongside making your lips stand.
- It’s easy to apply and it lasts for a long time.
- Another best part of buying this lipstick: A Free Boudoir Mascara with any purchase.
- Classic matte finish
- Stunning orange-brown shade
- Long-wear lipstick
- Rich formula
Why Apply MAC Matte Lipstick
- The world-renowned brand brings you its prolific lipstick with a creamy matte finish.
- The castor seed oil in it offers you a great moisturizing of your lips.
- Available in 5-6 different colors and their subsequent shades.
- A reasonable price and a high-coloring pay-off.
- A 10-hour long wear of this lipstick can take you through the day confidently.
- 24 Hour Lasting Lipstick
- Stunning color and finish
- Available Topcoat
- Smudge-proof and transfer-resistant topcoat
Why Apply Covergirl Outlast All Day Lip Color
- You should buy this fabulous lipstick for it lasts for 24 hours, assuring you an amazing day at work, party, or outing.
- It’s available in 27 colors.
- Its smudge-free and transfer-resistant topcoat ensures a safe and sufficient lip coloring.
- You can get your dry or pale lips moisturized instantly by applying this lipstick.
- It’s cruelty-free, meaning the animals are left alone from product testing.
Best 3 Lipsticks for Every Skin Type
- Softer lips due to its Tree & Orchid extract.
- 3D Glowing pigment for illusional and fuller-looking lips.
- Long-lasting color; up to 10 hours.
- Maximum coverage of lips in one swipe.
- Highly rejuvenating lipstick, ensuring moist and smooth lips.
- Defines the lips so evenly that it hides the lip lines.
- A deep nude color for day & nightwear.
- High-pigmented color and vivid shades.
- Easy to apply, color, and define lips.
Frequently Asked Questions
- How long does lipstick stay good?
Some lipsticks stay good for 6 months, whereas others may go on as long as 3 years. Check if your lipstick is still good by smelling and applying it regularly. And of course, don’t miss out on checking on the expiry date on the label. And outdated lipstick may prove harmful to your skin.
- How to make my lipstick last longer?
A simple hack to make your lipstick last longer is
- Step-1: Dab some powder on your lips after the first lipstick application.
- Step-2: Then apply the lipstick again.
Thus, your lipstick will last to your desired time limit in a day.
- Can I make my glossy finish into a matte with my lipstick?
It may not be possible to turn a glossy lipstick to a matte finish, but you can do it with satin or creamy lipsticks.
- Step-1: Apply the lipstick as usual.
- Step-2: Blot your lips with tissue paper.
- Step-3: Dust your lips with a translucent setting powder.
- Step-4: Now, apply the same lipstick again. Hence you have your matte finish with a creamy or satin texture lipstick.