Purposes of Hair MoisturizerMoisturizer helps you get rid of the stubborn dry and hard hair texture. Below are mentioned how a hair moisturizer alleviates the dry hair condition:
- A proper hair moisturizer ensures ample water retention in your hair cuticles.
- Hair moisturizer may not contribute to hair growth directly, but it maintains the hair’s health for a better texture and shine.
- The scalp is the bedrock of healthy and lustrous hair, and a good moisturizer can nourish the scalp from within.
- You can wave away the brittle hairs, including breakage and split ends by applying a moisturizer regularly.
Types of Hair MoisturizersBefore you start wondering about the variations of hair moisturizers, let’s give you a snapshot below how we categorize the hair-moisturizer types: Now that you’ve known the basic 3 categories of hair moisturizer, let’s dive into the types under them below:
|Hair-repairing moisturizer||Hair cream/butter- cream|
Instant rinsing moisturizer
Hair-texture restoration moisturizer
Climate control moisturizer
Conditioner as moisturizer
Mixed moisturizer: butter and oil
Hair Moisturizing versus Hair HydratingIf you aren’t aware of the differences between hair moisturizing and hydrating, worry not as we’ve rounded them down below:
|Hair moisturizing involves coating hair surface with butter, oil, or cream, etc.||Hair hydrating is inducing water, amino acid, protein, humectants, etc. into the hair.|
|Moisturizing seals the hair cuticles to retain moisture in the hair.||Hydrating treats a dry hair condition, but may not always retain water in the hair.|
|Moisturizing can be done on hair and scalp. But experts suggest it better be applied on the scalp only if it’s awfully dry.||Hydration is done on the hair.|
|Moisturizing may be applied daily.||Hydration is a treatment, so one should receive it only if required badly.|
|Moisturizing is cheap in comparison to hydrating.||Hydrating may not be reasonable for everyone.|
|Moisturizing prevents hair breakage.||Hydrating shines hair while maintaining it properly.|
Best 3 Haircare MoisturizersAlthough moisturizers mostly come in handy in repairing a dry set of hairs, you should be wary about choosing your haircare moisturizer depending on your hair and scalp type. That’s why we’ve mentioned in the very beginning that you better consult your doctor or a hair specialist before starting a hair-moisturizing regimen. In this segment, we’ve plucked the 3 best hair care moisturizers, which you can consider for your dry hair condition. These 3 products come in three different forms: shampoo, lotion, and a smoothie. You pick anyone that suits your hair and scalp type and condition. Let’s check them below:
|1. Moroccanoil Moisture Repair Shampoo|
|2. Organic Root Stimulator Olive Oil Incredibly Rich Oil Moisturizing Hair Lotion|
|3. Carol’s Daughter Black Vanilla Moisture & Shine Hair Smoothie|
- Moroccanoil Moisture Repair Shampoo
- Liquid form moisturizer
- Applicable for both genders
- Suitable for damaged and weakened hair
- Iconic Moroccanoil spicy amber and sweet floral fragrance
Why Buy This Moisturizer
- Your objective to treat your damaged dry hair will be fulfilled by this wonder product.
- It assures increasing your hair’s elasticity.
- It treats chemically caused dry and brittle hair.
- Its texture is thick and sulfate-free.
- It doesn’t conflict with thick and heavy hair.
- You rest assured of a fragrant and shiny finish of your hair.
- Organic Root Stimulator Olive Oil Incredibly Rich Oil Moisturizing Hair Lotion
- Lotion moisturizer
- Contains olive oil, coconut oil, castor oil, aqua, safflower, petroleum, etc.
- Suitable for dry and damaged hair
- Soft and smooth texture upon application
Why Buy This Moisturizer
- You can restore your hair’s natural moisture balance by applying this lotion.
- It protects your hair from high heat.
- One of its major content olive oil does deep conditioning of your hair and scalp.
- It smoothens and softens your hair to a desirable extent.
- Regular application of it can increase your hair’s elasticity, luster, and shine.
- It also rehydrates your hair with consistent application.
- Carol’s Daughter Black Vanilla Moisture & Shine Hair Smoothie
- Contains provitamin B5
- Paraben and synthetic color free
- Contains olive oil, almond oil, sunflower seed oil, cocoa, shea butter, etc.
- Suitable for dry, dull, and brittle hair
- Vanilla scented
Why Buy This Moisturizer
- This product is a deep moisture treatment for your dry and brittle hair condition.
- It helps your hair-management by improving your hair condition from dry to smooth.
- It comes with a leave-in conditioner and hair smoothie for a dry to a soft hair transformation.
- If you have short and curly hair, this product is very much appropriate for you.
- It’s easily spreadable through your hair strands while massaging it on wet hair.
- Users even claim that it helps grow your hair faster through its proper moisturization and ensuring better hair health.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Can I use a moisturizer on my hair every day?
- Can I replace my hair moisturizer product with a hair conditioner?
- Is hair moisturizer suitable for oily scalp?
- Can hair moisturizer increase dandruff?
- Is it okay to rinse hair moisturizer with warm water?
- What ingredients should I avoid in a hair moisturizer?
- PVP/ VA Copolymer
- Mineral oil
- Polyethylene glycol
- Petroleum jelly
- Sodium hydroxide