Women keep exploring the perfect eyeshadow for their eye colors. But why?
The eyes are one of the most attractive body parts of human beings and women love to beautify them with various eyeshadows. The choice and application of numerous eyeshadows vary from woman to woman but you should be thankful to find an ultimate guide to the perfect eyeshadow for your eye color. Because it’s always good to have standard rules, right?
You may want to have the makeover for your eyes the way you like, but knowing some nitty-gritty guidelines will give you a clearer idea.
Our first look mostly catches the eyes when we meet someone for the first time. And when it’s a woman, she would love to hear that she has beautiful eyes.
Eyeshadow is one of the top choices of women in makeup for their eyes. So, let’s take you through this guide to the perfect eyeshadow for your eye color.
Why Do We Need Different Eyeshadows for Different Eye Colors?
Doing a little eye makeup can make the eyes look more gorgeous! Choosing the perfect eyeshadow for your eye color is important in that case. We all have different eye colors and shapes. Therefore, we need to select different eyeshadows and applying patterns for our eyes.
Sometimes we try to focus our eyes rather than other parts of our face. Mostly, we apply light lipstick when we wear some dark eyeshadows. On the other hand, we apply dark lipstick when we wear light eyeshadows.
If you have dark eye color, you should wear light eyeshadows to turn your eyes prettier. Depending on the focus and light, we need to choose different eyeshadows for different eye shapes and colors.
Does the Shape of Our Eyes Matter While Applying Eyeshadows?
Yes. The shape of your eyes matters while applying eyeshadows. We need to be careful while applying eyeshadows. Your big and wide eyes may not look pretty if you apply darker eyeshadows. It will look a little unbalanced, which surely isn’t your goal.
Apply dark eyeshadow on the lower external corner of the eyes. That will make your eyes a little lower down and help you balance your eye shapes. Try using a medium eyeshadow on your eyelids. You can use a similar eyeshadow along with your lower lash line.
What’s the Color of Your Eyes?
It’s essential to know the eye color variations to apply eyeshadows.
Know your eye color precisely. Most women may believe they know their eye colors, but that knowing isn’t specific in most cases! Noting the exact eye color will help you in determining what contrast you want your eyes to reflect by applying eyeshadow.
Common eye colors are brown, hazel, blue, black, green, amber, gray, etc.
Brown is the commonest and green is the rarest eye color.
Types of Eyeshadows
Eyeshadows come in 5 forms:
- Powder eyeshadow. This is the most common form and most demanding of eyeshadows. It’s easy to apply.
- Liquid eyeshadow. Liquid eyeshadows look like eyeliner, though. Their usage is all the same.
- Cream eyeshadow. Looks like lipstick. It’s kind of sticky.
- Crayon eyeshadow. It looks like different colors of kajal.
- Eyeshadow pigments.
2 more types of eyeshadows are matte and glitter eyeshadows.
- Matte eyeshadows don’t shine too much. Usually, we prefer it to use casually.
- Glitter eyeshadows are shimmery. It helps you by giving a gorgeous look. Women prefer glittery eyeshadows for parties and special occasions.
Top 10 Eyeshadows for the Best Look in 2020
This 2020 is all about “no makeup, makeup look”! Since parties and gatherings are mostly out of question, applying a simple makeup would help us avoid the “too extra.” Here’re some of the famous 2020 eyeshadows given below:
- Naked2 Basics Eyeshadow Palette
- The City Mini Eyeshadow Palette
- Eye-Conic Palette in Provo couture
- Obsessions Eyeshadow Palette
- The Magic Mini Eyeshadow Palette
- Huda Beauty The New Nude Eyeshadow Palette
- Ace Beaute Slice of Paradise Palette
- NYX Professional Makeup Ultimate Utopia Shadow Palette
- Lamora Eyeshadow Palette
- Essence Like Wild Nature Earth Eyeshadow Palette
Eyeshadow for Green Eyes
Only 2% of the population was born with green eyes, meaning you’re definitely in the (v enviable) minority if you’re rocking those emerald jewels.
However, given that you’re such a rare breed, you might not have been able to find much literature out there on green eye makeup tips and tricks comprising the perfect eyeshadow for green eyes and which colors will make your green eyes pop.
For some literal pro-makeup tips for green eyes, we’ve enlisted the expertise of three makeup artists who know exactly what makeup works best for you, green-eyed beauties!
“Since red is the opposite of green on the color wheel, to make your green eyes pop, you want to choose shades with reddish undertones,” says Shira Aaron, a celebrity makeup artist who made some bomb looks for Tori Spelling, Aidy Bryant, and Whitney Cummings.
Colors like garnet, amethyst, bronze, and aubergine fit well.
Perfect Eyeshadow Palates & Colors for Green Eyes
PHASE ZERO MAKE UP satin eye shadow in velvet: One of the best pairings out there for making green eyes look vibrant is this perfect plum color.
Although the pan looks very black, Ipsters reports that it initially goes on more as a nude pink. For a normal eye, leave it just like that or add a few extra layers for something deeper.
You may also try mixing this with darker purples or to make a smokey eye with a dark brown eyeshadow.
- None of the shades are patchy or chalky. The endings of these shadows are not at all what you would expect!
- It is abundantly rich in pigments.
- The finishes don’t seem to affect the level of pigmentation or the amount of powder-produced fall-out/kick-up.
- Each shadow is very individual, and all of them come under the shimmer/metallic umbrella, in my opinion. The eye shadow stays there all day long!
- There’re no patchy or chalky colors, but some sound slightly grittier than others.
- It’s very expensive compared to other brands, so it’s not recommended to use it as regular makeup.
Daylight/Warm Light Effect on Your Green Eyes
As the color of the eyeshadow is shimmery purple, it will look good both at daylight and nighttime. Users should use this eyeshadow with a light color that will give you a vibrant look for daytime use.
Fashion Tips If You Have Green Eyes
- “Green eyes also have gold flecks in them, so adding a splash of gold glitter alongside the purple (also red) hues will not only bring out the gold in your green eyes but will compliment your eyeshadow as well,” says Crooks.
- Purple and yellow are both contrasting colors on the color wheel found across each other. So, adding gold will add harmony and balance while making your eyes look greener. This is a two-fold victory!
- The tale of the green eyes is full of red, so it makes sense for a cherry red lipstick or gloss.
- As a red pout can often be pretty serious, both Crooks and Cantor agree that it will prevent your look from being too extra by keeping your eyes low key wearing red lipstick.
Eyeshadow for Blue Eyes
Do you know how the right outfit in all the right places will accentuate you and make you feel like the unparalleled star you are? Well, when it comes to making your blue eyes pop, makeup can have the same effect!
Conversely, your blue eyes can distract you from certain makeup choices. We’re not here to be beauty militants screaming “do’s and don’t” strict makeup at you, but if your ultimate aim is to make your beautiful blue eyes shine brighter than the skin of Ariana, listen to the tips from these makeup artists on how to make blue eyes pop!
It goes without saying that blue eyes are very hypnotic! It’s an eye color that can flirt, smolder and smoke, from sea-blue to cool-grey, but only if you dress them up correctly; that’s something!
That’s right, inside the eyeshadow lies the secret to making blue eyes shine, as only one shade lighter, darker, colder, or cooler will make all the difference.
So, we’ve rounded up the best eyeshadows for blue eyes in an attempt to make the blue eyes shine brighter than ever before.
Perfect Eyeshadow Palates and Colors for Blue Eyes
- Sigma Beauty Warm Neutrals Volume 2
- Eyeshadow Palette ($39)
- Stila Vivid & Vibrant Eye Shadow Duo in Sapphire ($20)
- Huda Beauty Desert Dusk Eyeshadow Palette ($65)
- Stila Cosmetics Perfect Me
- Perfect Hue Eye & Cheek Palette in Medium/Tan ($39)
- These eyeshadows will brighten the blue eyes; those eyeshadows are all from high-end brands and reliable for use.
- If we talk about finishing, those eyeshadows will give you perfect finishing without wasting, mentioned all eyeshadows are highly pigmented for eyes.
- The glitter shade can be quite messy if not applied properly.
- To be honest, the Palettes are quite expensive; these Palettes definitely miss a highlighting shade.
Daylight/Warm Light Effect on Your Blue Eyes
All the shadows mentioned above are good for daylight use, but users must choose bright colors from the palette for day time and avoid dark colors.
Fashion Tips for Your Blue Eyes
- Blue eyes, like bronze, red, orange, and plum, goes very well with earth-toned eye shadows. Markphong Tram, an editorial makeup artist who has collaborated on campaigns with Colourpop Cosmetics, Bobbie Brown, Maybelline, and Inglot, says these colors would intensify the blueness.
- “It’s important not to ignore your shopping for blue-eyed clients who want their eye color to pop,” says Tram. For example, the brows can be bleached to light blonde.
In a high-fashion way, this truly makes blue eyes pop. We can also shade the brow darker or use a brow pencil to make it darker so that your darker hair gets a better contrast.
- Even the most glamorous makeup can’t mask the dry skin around your eyes. A significant step in the process is a decent skincare regimen and a pre-makeup routine.
Hagan says, “Hydration around the eye is necessary for both eyes.” Since the skin is thinner there and more prone to wrinkles and bags, it takes special care.
Eyeshadow for Black Eyes
Between 55 and 79 percent of the world’s population has black eyes, making it the world’s most prevalent eye color. Black is made from a blend of all primary colors, which ensures that you have an infinite palette to work with when it comes to picking eyeshadows, lipsticks, and complexion products.
You’re in luck if you have black eyes, almost all sorts of colors look good on you.
When it comes to how a person’s whole face looks, having the correct makeup tips for black eyes will make all the difference in the world.
With the wrong color, dark eyes will easily appear to be washed out. Here’re some of the best tips for dealing with these dark eyes and tricks.
Perfect Eyeshadow Palates & Colors for Black Eyes
We would suggest that the perfect complement to black eyes would be golden, brown, and neutral shades for people who have Black Eyes.
By adding some black winged eyeliner, you intensify the look, and you have the full eye look!
Lamora Exposed Nudes Eyeshadow Palette, UCANBE Twilight & Dusk Eyeshadow Palette, Maybelline Soda Pop Eyeshadow Palette, Almay Intense i-Color Everyday Neutrals, UCANBE Twilight & Dusk Eyeshadow Palette, Too Faced Chocolate Bar Eye Palette, Shany Cosmetics Smokey Eye Palettes are the best combo for you.
Black eyes match almost any eyeshadow color. You should count yourself fortunate if you have black eyes, as you can play with any color you want and get away with it.
Yes, one day you can try a teal look, and a pink one the next! Darker colors, such as purples and maroons, however, will make your eyes look brighter.
You CAN choose to use pink, burgundy colors, but I think browner shades are the perfect complement to black eyes. As far as bolder colors are concerned, I would suggest that violet, dark blue, and dark green complement black eyes in the best way possible.
- Lamora Exposed Nudes Eyeshadow Palette is waterproof, highly pigmented;
- Maybelline nude is Richly pigmented, Blends well, Long-lasting,
- Compact casing; UCANBE has 18 pigmented shades, Long-lasting, Waterproof, Smudge-proof;
- Maybelline soda pop is Compact size, Easy to wipe off, Paraben-free, Affordable; too faced Blends well, Paraben-free, Sulfate-free, Phthalate-free, and so on.
- Lamora Exposed Nudes Eyeshadow Palette is not long-lasting
- Maybelline nudes applicator is not up to mark.
- UCANBE is not suitable for sensitive skin
- Maybelline soda pop quality is not up to mark.
- Too-faced fall out easily.
Daylight/Warm Light Effect on Your Black Eyes
All the shadow palette mentioned above can be used in daylight except for the too-faced chocolate bar.
Like I said before, any color at any weather or any lighting you will look gorgeous.
Fashion Tips for Black Eyes
- Dark green is such a stunning color and looks spectacular to those with dark black eyes. It looks beautifully enchanting.
In matt or glitter, it’d look fantastic. A matte choice will be better if you’re going out in the day. Do not be afraid to reach out for the glitter if it’s for a party at night!
- Gold and black go hand in hand very well! The gold eyeshadow is a wonderful contrast to the black darkness.
The explanation of why gold works so well on black eyes is that the pigments help bring out the brown eyes’ small gold flecks.
- Bronze is a natural look when you have light brown eyes for parties and nights out. Complementing the lighter specks in your eyes, the bronze will do an outstanding job. This is also a perfect look for the summers, as the humidity in the air will signify the bronze.
Your black eyes will help to mask or conceal your dark circles. You can destroy two birds with one stone by using a lighter shade to cover them.
This way, at the same time, you will be illustrating and concealing. It will make you look more alert by highlighting your under-eyes.
Eyeshadows for Hazel Eyes
When it comes to color options, hazel eyes get the best of everything.
Make-up artist Matthew VanLeeuwen said, “The middle ground between green and brown is hazel eyes, which means all families will take shades off.”
Perfect Eyeshadow Palettes & Colors for Hazel Eyes
Hazel irises contain brown, gold, and green dots of various shades, so if you’re fortunate enough to have this eye color, depending on your mood and the dots you feel like lighting, you can play with a variety of eyeshadows.
As with blue eyes, next to the hazel iris, dark, smoky eyeshadows can be slightly overpowering, so choose rich, autumnal colors such as warm browns, golds, and greens for daytime to match the changing tones of your eyes.
Dab gold or bronze on the inner corners and center of your eyelids to truly bring out their natural sparkle.
Some perfect eyeshadows and Palettes for hazel eyes:
- Maybelline New York Makeup The City Mini Eyeshadow Palette
- Covergirl Eye Enhancers Eyeshadow Kit
- butter LONDON Shadow Clutch Eye Shadow Palette
- L’oreal Paris Infallible 24hr Shadow
- Stila Glitter & Glow Liquid Eye Shadow
- Maybelline New York is long-lasting and it accentuates the depth and dimension of your eyes.
- Covergirl Eye Enhancer has a smooth texture and is easy to build and blend.
- L’oreal Paris Infallible is long-lasting and has a highly pigmented texture.
- Stila Glitter is portable and ideal for night, parties, and getting smoky eyes.
- Stila Glitter is expensive and non-inspired for sensitive eyes.
- Maybelline has the possibility of fallouts.
- L’oreal Paris Infallible may transfer to the upper eyelids.
Daylight/Warm Light Effect on Hazel Eyes
For daylight time, a person with hazel eyes should dress up with something lighter in color, and the eyeshadow is one of the most significant things that girls concentrate on.
A person with hazel eyes should use pink, blue, or some light hues.
Fashion Tips for Hazel Eyes
We’re well aware that your eye color’s strength plays a part in hair color, skin tone, and makeup technique.
A brush of bright lipstick or a swipe of striking eyeliner is a surefire way to play up your skin color.
Today we show instead that the extra sparkle in your eye has everything to do with the colors of the clothes you wear! If you select baby blue, sparkly green, sharp hazel, or deep brown blinkers, here are the tips for making your eyes look like the basic hue.
Eyeshadow for Brown Eyes
Brown eyes are flexible and provide a blank canvas for you.
Almost any color can be worn and taken off by people with brown eyes.
Anything warm, like golden or reddish-brown, will give your eyes more depth. Choose dark hues if you want a sexy and dramatic look.
Perfect Eyeshadow Palettes & Colors for Brown Eyes
Wearing pink or green will properly bring out the eyes and make them pop. It will highlight any gold that might be present in your eyes if you pick one with metallic flecks.
- Since brown is a neutral color, it does not appear on most color wheels, meaning that with brown eyes, almost any color will work. That being said, there are a few winning shades that, time and time again, makeup artists and beauty buffs return to.
- For brown eyes, green, gold, purple, and grey eyeshadow colors are almost always a home run.
- As it blends in too much with my brown skin, brown eyeshadow is my least favorite color to wear. Be cautious of using browns, however, since they could make your eyes look dirty.
- Sik Son shares, “Many colors fit well with beautiful brown eyes, but neutrals like salmon and bronzy gold highlight them.”
Daylight/Warm Light Effect on Brown Eyes
Gold is a perfect color to make brown eyes appear in the daylight. To gently bring out the warmth of deep brown eyes, stick with pale or muted shades, such as the one recently seen by Selena Gomez; too-bold gold can outshine light brown eyes.
Your browns also bring out other gold-like colors of yellow tones, such as mustard or buttercream.
Fashion Tips for Brown Eyes
What better way is there than wearing a browner to bring out the brown?
Clothing is bound to improve your peepers in the same hue as your skin! You don’t have to build an exact match; a peanut-shade dress does just as well as a honey-brown top to highlight light brown eyes, while a piece of chocolate or mahogany will bring out deep brown eyes.
Eyeshadow for Grey Eyes
Grey eyes are another unusual hue that is often mistaken for blue or green. Grey eyes appear to reflect whatever color they’re looking at, giving them a transformative effect as well.
Lucky you, for the day you can choose blue or green eyes and be the envy of all.
Best Eyeshadow Palates & Colors for Grey Eyes
With dark contrast, grey eyes look fantastic but can also look beautiful with lighter shades. You have one of the most flexible eye colors, in other words, so take advantage of that! Try orange, red, violet, red-brown, wine, maroon, pink, plum, and silver colors!
- One should try the purple, plum, wine, red-brown, and pink color palette shades. Use your darkest hue and crease in the outer corner and merge it into your lightest color in the inner corner.
- Pair these color shades rather than black with a dark brown eyeliner to create a more seamless look.
- To be honest, I don’t see any cons for grey eyes. I have grey eyes. I feel blessed for having this eye color.
What I feel is, sometimes, it’s hard to give a different eye look with eyeshadows.
Daylight/Warm Light Effect on Grey Eyes
Before going out, we should see how the weather is today. Because it is important, the light changes the way we look!
So, for daylight, the people with grey eyes should use this color Palettes given below:
- To make us look like a lighter shade of brown, we should use the shades in the same tones as our grey irises. Hold the grayscale of makeup to downplay the eyes of the same color.
- For a classic charcoal smoky eye, try out charcoal or black in the outer corner and crease our eye and mix it with grey on the eyelid and light silver in the inner corners.
- For warm daylight- to not distract from the grey theme of this eye makeup, use a nude lip color.
- Lighter grey eyes with darker gradients of any color may also be played out. To contrast with lighter grays in the irises, try dark brown or mauve.
Eyeshadow for ‘Red Eye’ Makeup
While, as part of your makeup look, you might already be rocking a red lip, there is a new red makeup trend that has made an appearance on the beauty scene: red eyeshadow.
This makeup, makeup look is particularly stunning for brown eyes, but it is completely wearable for all eye colors.
There’s more than one way, not to mention, to try it for yourself. And as it turns out, with red eyeliner and red mascara circulating on our social media feeds, red-eye makeup as a whole also happens to be quite on-trend.
- We know that red eyes are rare, so people with red eyes easily catch other people’s attention.
- So, red is a great combination that goes with white eye shadow, purple, blue, and brown. All these enhance the red color eye.
- If you have are looking for eye makeup tips for red eyes, look no further. One bad thing about red eyes is that they look good with just about eye shadow color, from light to dark.
- Depending on your shade of red but, certain colors will complement your look better than others, and other colors don’t match.
Daylight/Warm Light Effect on A Red-Eye
Red-eye makeup is rare. It also doesn’t compliment the daylight. So, girls should wear deep color eyeshadows to enhance the charm of their eyes.
There’s no perfect eye color, so, there’s no perfect eyeshadow. It’s all about how you pull it off!
Feel free to apply different things to beautify your eyes. Let us know which eye color you have and the best eyeshadow you’ve found as the perfect eyeshadow for your makeover.
Facts checked by: A H M Ohidujjaman Using a setting spray as a toner is somewhat debatable, while mostly uncertain. Since these two items are applicable for entirely different purposes in...
Facts checked by: A H M Ohidujjaman Vintage makeup may not be a thing of this beauty age, but it’s surely an appealing chapter for many modern makeup enthusiasts as well as...