We recommend our readers to use a suitable face wash for their dry skin since dry skin curtains the natural beauty of a face. No matter what your age is, you shouldn’t play with your dry skin roughly. It’s easy to learn a few life-saving aspects of what and how to use a face wash for your dry skin. Our post will cover that essential yet simple information for your help. Stay with us through the next segments as we’re also going to flaunt the 3 best face wash for your dry skin.
Care to Know If You Have A Dry Skin?
We suggest you identify your skin type since it gives you a head start in skincare. And you better know if yours is a dry skin type, because:
- It’s more sensitive than other skin types.
- It’s barer and more exposed to dirt and dehydration.
- It needs better nourishing.
The 2 popular methods will help you to know if you have dry skin. You may follow any one of these below, whichever applies:
1. Naked Face Method
- Step-1: Apply a mild cleanser for your facial cleansing.
- Step-2: Don’t apply any other toner, serums, moisturizer, or face wash. Leave it for 30 minutes.
- Step-3: Check if your forehead, cheeks, nose, and chin shine. Now, wait for another 30 minutes.
- Step-4: Try smiling, or stretching your facial muscles. See if it feels too stretchy or tight. If so, you have dry skin most likely.
2. Blotting Face-Cloth Method
- Step-1: Pat a blotting paper or face-cloth on your facial areas like forehead, nose, cheeks, chins, etc.
- Step-2: Hold the paper against a bright light to see if there’s any oily stain. If it scarcely shows any trace of oil, you most probably have dry skin.
Dry or Dehydrated? It’s easy to mix up between dry skin and dehydrated skin, given that their similar appearances. We want to inform our readers that differentiating between these two is important to nourish them properly. Dry Skin versus Dehydrated Skin
|Dry Skin||Dehydrated Skin|
|1. Dry skin isn’t a condition, rather a skin type that lacks natural oil or lipids. ||Your skin is dehydrated if it lacks enough water to function properly.|
|2. Dry skin is natural. People with dry skin are mostly born with it. ||Skin dehydration may happen to anyone regardless of skin type or tone. |
|3. Symptoms: scaly skin, redness & irritation, white flakes, and contains risk of eczema, psoriasis, etc. ||Symptoms: under-eye dark circles, itchy skin, dullness, fine lines, wrinkles, etc. |
|4. Dry skin’s flaky appearance makes it easy to identify it. Scratches or scuffs leave whitish marks easily. ||Your skin will seem patchy before returning to normal if you pinch it. |
Now, if you have dry skin based on the above 2 methods and their distinctive signs, it’s time to learn about cleansing your face properly. And that’s where we’re heading below.
Cleansing Your Face Properly before Using A Face Wash?
Many young girls and even older ladies hardly differentiate between a face wash and a cleanser. They fail to realize the importance of cleansing before washing. A cleanser comes before the face wash, or sometimes, you may not even need to use a face wash after a cleansing session. Nonetheless, you better know the use of a cleanser and a face wash properly for your skincare. The core idea to cleanse your face properly are as below:
- You should buy a proper Cleanser for your skin type.
- You should check if the cleanser is gentle and soap-free.
- Cleanse with care and time. Massage your skin in a circular motion gently for at least 40-60 seconds.
- Don’t over-cleanse, meaning don’t exceed a 60-second time frame.
- Avoid splashing hot water on your face while rinsing because you don’t want to make your skin cry. Hot water may remove even the little oil your skin contains, leading to redness, itchiness, and a perched skin.
- Use lukewarm water to rinse the face for better nourishment.
Selecting a Face Wash for Your Dry Skin
Don’t torture your skin with whatever face wash you find on the market. Consider these aspects below before selecting a face wash for your dry skin:
- Moisturizing Ingredients Should Be There: Check the face wash for moisturizing ingredients like hyaluronic acid, ceramides, glycerin, etc. These ingredients help your dry skin preserve water and soothe the skin.
- It Should Have A Creamy Texture: Check if the desired face wash has a creamy texture like a lotion or a facial cream. It works gently and in a moisturizing way when applied.
- Check if It’s Scent-free: Face wash that is fragrant has the risk of irritation on the skin. Select the unscented and gentle face wash for your dry skin.
- Avoid Anti-ager Ingredients: Glycolic acid or lactic acid is a popular ingredient in cosmetics for age-slowing benefit. But for dry skin, you better keep them on your block-list while choosing a face wash since they penetrate the dry skin while exfoliating it deeply.
Our Selection: Best 3 Face Wash for Dry Skin
We’ve selected the best 3 face wash considering the dry skin nourishment. Let’s check them below:
- Suitable for all skin types
- Main ingredient: Honey
- Turmeric and honey fragrant
- Contains vitamin B1, B2, B3, B5, B6, and C
Why Buy This Face Wash for Dry Skin?
- This face wash contains all the good things of nature like honey, wild turmeric, arjun barks, etc., ensuring a proper cleansing of makeup and impurities.
- It lightens the skin complexion, making dry skin more lively and suppler.
- It softens and soothes dry skin.
- It secrets natural skin oil within 3-4 hours of applying.
- It maintains the natural PH balance of the skin.
- Prescribed by experts for dry and sensitive skin
- Secures natural moistures in the skin
Why Buy This Face Wash for Dry Skin?
- This face wash contains nourishing and moisturizing ingredients: ceramides, hyaluronic acid, glycerin, etc.
- The ingredients in this face wash ensure necessary water lock in the skin.
- It’s paraben-free and fragrance-free.
- It’s certified by National Eczema Association.
- The formula is developed by dermatologists.
- Made with ultra-mild micelles
- Antioxidant-rich and contains vitamin-E, fatty acid.
Why Buy This Face Wash for Dry Skin?
- This fabulous face wash contains different moisturizing ingredients and melon seeds that remove impurities from your dry skin while leaving it supple and hydrated.
- It’s non-fragrant, hence, doesn’t spur any irritation.
- You can even massage this face wash around the eye and lips areas due to its harmless and gentle texture.
- You can apply it before or after a face cleansing any time in a day or night.
- It’s vegan and cruelty-free.
- Its formula balances the skin barrier and maintains your skin’s elasticity.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Are cleansing wipes as same as face cleansers?
Cleansing wipes can be used to wipe off your makeup, upper layer of dirt, and sweat. On the other hand, a face cleanser will do a deep cleansing of your skin, removing the impurities caused by makeup or the external environment. Simply put, you should use a cleansing wipe before applying a face cleanser to your skin.
- Can I apply ice on my dry skin after washing it with a face wash?
Rubbing an ice cube on your face could be a good idea if your skin is a combination or normal type. Rubbing an ice cube after washing with a face wash regularly could restrict the secretion of the natural skin oil, while it could dry out dry skin even more.
- Does a face wash take away the natural moisture from the dry skin?
You should be careful about choosing a face wash for your dry skin. The face wash that contains moisturizing ingredients like hyaluronic acid, ceramides, etc. can ensure that your skin moisture remains intact. Besides, check if its texture is creamy and easy on your skin while restricting any anti-ager ingredient being applied on your skin.
- Do I need to use a toner after washing my face with a face wash?
Yes, you may consider applying a toner on your face after a face wash. Rather, it’s beneficial for your skin in many ways. But keep in mind that dry skin may be vulnerable to toner formulation if applied excessively. So, apply a toner once or twice a day. If that irritates too, consider applying it once after a face wash every other day.
- Can oily or normal skin be dehydrated too?
Yes, of course. Skin dehydration doesn’t happen depending on any skin type, rather it’s a condition that occurs due to a lack of water supply into the skin. Irregular water intake, not splashing enough water on the face while washing it, any severe disease, etc. may make your skin go dehydrated.
- How many times a face wash is an appliable on dry skin in a day?
Here, you should apply your calculation based on your skin type and the nature of the environment you remain in throughout the day. Besides, you should also be careful about the type of face wash you’re using for your dry skin. If you’re unable to procure a suitable face wash, it should be enough twice a day
to clean off the external dirt and dust, as long as you’re not too harsh while massaging it on your face.